Interested in working with the Pride Center? We have a great new part time position open!
Job Opening – Finance and Administration Assistant
The Pride Center of the Capital Region seeks a part time Finance and Administration Assistant beginning immediately.
The successful outgoing candidate for this entry-level position will possess an Associates Degree, and 2+ years professional, bookkeeping experience, primarily working with QuickBooks. Strong finance and data entry skills necessary, including excellent written and verbal communication, including phone, are a must. This position requires experience using personal computers, electronic office systems including e-mail, desktop publishing, and Microsoft Office, as well as web-based social networking sites like Facebook. Friendly, a “can do” attitude and a sense of humor are essential. Familiarity with LGBT issues, as well as the greater Capital Region, are always a plus.
Compensation: Hourly salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
Send letter of application, resume, and list of two professional references to Nora Yates, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail them to:
Pride Center of the Capital Region
332 Hudson Ave
Albany, NY 12210
Please no phone calls.
If advanced to the interview phase of the hiring process, additional materials may be needed.
Applications accepted until position is filled. The Pride Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Women, people of color, and LGBT individuals strongly encouraged to apply.
The Finance and Administration Assistant is a crucial member of the staff of the Pride Center. The Finance Assistant reports to the Executive Director and supports the finance aspects of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enters all A/R and A/P into QuickBooks and prepares payments/invoices;
- Follows up with vendors on payments;
- Work with bookkeeper on monthly reconciliations;
- Prepares daily check and cash deposits;
- Manages petty cash and supporting paperwork;
- Manages and ensures compliance to all finance policy and procedures;
- Administratively supports the Executive Director and all staff as needed;
- Prepares for and attends monthly Finance Committee meeting;
- With Executive Director, prepares all grant vouchers and reports;
- Prepares for the annual audit and responds to requests from the independent auditor;
- Regular Pride Center duties as necessary.
- Enter and manage all financial information with a high degree of detail;
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to, including but not limited to the conflict of interest policy;
- Work in a detail-oriented and organized manner and in conjunction with the Executive Director ;
- Perform as a team player, working with other Pride Center staff, the Board of Directors and others, as needed;
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality in regards to finances, donor information and staff data;
- Communicate in a professional and organized manner with staff, donors and the community;
- Understand and support the mission, goals and objectives of the Pride Center;
- Commitment to issues of diversity and inclusion, including race, class, gender, and sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Some nights and weekends required.
- Receives visitors and answers the telephone; screens calls and callers; respond to the requests for assistance and service from community members and the professional staff, in a timely, professional and efficient manner;
- Maintains office schedule and building calendar and other scheduling needs;
- Processes credit card payments and prepares supporting paperwork;
- Manages finance files accordingly;