Providing direct and peer related services since we opened our doors
Center Support includes:
- LGBTQ Friendly Resources and Referrals
- Center Counseling Services
- Peer Groups
- Rainbow Cafe
- Recovery Groups hosted at the Center
The Pride Center of the Capital Region is your Center for all the info you need on being queer in the Capital Region. Whether you’re in need of a LGBTQ friendly therapist, lawyer or wedding officiant, you can find it, and much more!
Since the Pride Center opened our doors over 40 years ago, we have been the place for the Capital Region’s LGBTQ community to get connected to everything. You can access information about; Legal resources, Trans resources, Substance Abuse recovery, Education and Training opportunities, Support groups, Religious/Spiritual resources, Doctors, Therapists, Wedding resources, Employment, Advocacy, Housing/Homelessness, Social Groups and Dating, Family services, and much more!
For more information, or to have your questions answered now:
Reach out! Referrals are available by phone Monday-Friday between 9am and 5pm. After hours, please leave a message and someone will return your call. Our number is 518.462.6138. You can also email us at email@example.com.
Center Counseling Services
Center Counseling services are offered through a partnership between the Pride Center and the State University of New York at Albany School of Social Welfare program. Low cost counseling is offered under the clinical supervision of Arlene Istar Lev., LCSW, CASAC.
Counseling services are offered to address issues such as:
Relationship and couple issues, family and parenting issues, healing trauma and abuse, sexual orientation and gender identity, depression and anxiety, addictions and recovery, living with HIV and chronic illness.
For more information, please call 518.462.6138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Men’s Pride: MONDAYS 7pm, The Center (332 Hudson Ave, Albany)For gay, bisexual, transgender, same-gender-loving, queer, and questioning men to talk about coming out, dating, relationships, sex, religion and other issues affecting men’s communities (Ages 18+). For more information, contact the Pride Center at 518.462.6138.
- Women’s Pride: THE 2nd and 4th WEDNESDAY OF EVERY MONTH FROM 6-8pm, the Center (332 Hudson Ave, Albany) For gay, bisexual, transgender, same-gender-loving, queer, and questioning women to talk about coming out, dating, relationships, sex, religion and other issues affecting women’s communities (Ages 18+). For more information, contact the Pride Center at 518.462.6138.
- Support Group for Family and Friends of LGBTQ People:
Every 2nd TUESDAY of the month at 7PM at the First Unitarian Society of Schenectady, 1221 Wendell Ave, Schenectady, NY. A support group for family and friends of LGBTQ people wanting resources and guidance on how to best support themselves and their loved ones. For more information, contact the Pride Center at 518.462.6138 or contact the facilitator directly: Deborah Kenyon Email: email@example.com, Phone: 518-695-4117
The Rainbow Café offers a cozy meeting space for special events. We currently host regular events such as Game Night and Supper Sunday. The Rainbow Café was the first program of the Pride Center when we opened our doors in 1970. Staffed by an amazing team of volunteers, the Café is a great resource if you are looking for information, to get connected to the Pride Center’s programs and services, or if you just moved to the area. If you’re interested in using the space at Rainbow Café for a regularly occurring event idea, please contact us at: 518-462-6138 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Below you’ll find a list of our current Rainbow Café events!
1st Friday of the month: 1st Friday, 5-9pm
Last Sunday of the month: Supper Sunday, 5-9pm
Providing a safe and welcoming environment for community members in recovery to meet is part of the Pride Center’s commitment to promote the well being of LGBTQ people.
The following groups meet weekly at the Pride Center, 332 Hudson Ave:
- LGBTQ Alcoholics Anonymous, All Genders : Every Sunday 7 PM
- LGBTQ Narcotics Anonymous: Every Thursday 7:30PM
* These groups are not programs of the Pride Center, they are independent groups unaffiliated with any larger organization.