To learn more about our scholarship recipients, please visit the links below!
- 2013 Scholarship Recipients
- 2012 Scholarship Recipients
- 2011 Scholarship Recipients
- 2010 Scholarship Recipients
- Support the Scholarship!
The Pride Center Youth Scholarship is intended to help Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Queer/Questioning or allied (LGBTQA) students who are in need of financial support to defray the cost of a college education, which for many can seem an insurmountable obstacle to success. The Pride Center believes these students should not be further disadvantaged as they prepare for the future.
Background on Scholarship: LGBTQ youth often face tough and complicated challenges in their high school years. The Pride Center Youth Scholarship was formed to assist LGBTQ youth by publicly recognizing the particular challenges they face and rewarding their successes. Since 2010, twenty awards have been given to local LGBTQ high school seniors, ranging in geography from Glens Falls to Hudson, and entering a range of colleges from Skidmore to SUNY Plattsburgh.
Support the Scholarship!
The need to support LGBTQ youth has never been greater, so we invite you to donate to the Pride Center Youth Scholarship Fund, and together, we can support even more LGBTQ youth as they embark on the next phase of their life. Donating to the Pride Center Youth Scholarship Fund is easy and can be done multiple ways:
- Click here to donate via our secure webpage - in the Comment field note that you are donating to the Scholarship Fund.
- Call the Pride Center at 518-462-6138 and make your donation over the phone.
- Send your donation to the Pride Center, 332 Hudson Avenue, Albany, NY 12210.