Are you passionate about social justice issues?
Do you identify as LGBTQA or an ally?
Do you want to become a leader for the LGBTQA community?
Do you want to speak out against discrimination & harassment facing LGBTQA youth?
If you said YES to any of these questions…
Join the Center Youth Action Team!
The Center Youth Action Team (CYAT) is designed to encourage youth leadership, contradict myths and stereotypes of LGBTQA youth, and create positive representations of the LGBTQA and allied community. The Center Youth Action Team will conduct trainings for schools and community groups throughout the year and provide ongoing opportunities for leadership and advocacy.
Benefits of Being a CYAT Member:
- Build confidence and pride in being a leader of the LGBTQA community!
- Meet awesome youth activists from all over the Capital Region!
- Gain public speaking, leadership, and presentation experience!
- It’s a great resume builder and looks good on college applications!
- Get to travel to different places all over the Capital Region!
- GET PAID!!!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Commit to participate for one school year;
- Must attend ALL monthly CYAT meetings
- Meetings are on the 1st Wednesday of every month from 4:30-6:30pm at the Pride Center
- If you are coming from far away, option to skype or phone in
- Commit to speaking at a minimum of three trainings per semester (these could be school visits, LGBTQA trainings/workshops for businesses or youth-serving organizations, panels, etc.);
- Commit to attending the Empire State Pride Agenda’s Equality & Justice Day in April;
- Arrive on time and prepared to speaking engagements;
- Work with Pride Center to learn about Center programs and issues facing LGBTQA youth.
Deadline Monday, September 21st!
For more information, please contact James Shultis, Director of Programs
at email@example.com or (518) 462-6138 x15.