YOUTH IN POWER:
Summer Leadership Camp
Friday, August 19th-Sunday, August 21st, 2016
In Albany County, Feura Bush, NY
CAMP IS FREE & OPEN TO ALL YOUTH AGES 18 & UNDER!
What is YOUTH IN POWER?
YOUTH IN POWER provides a welcoming, supportive, safe, & fun summer camp experience for young people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans*, queer, questioning, ace (LGBTQA) or as allies. The weekend is jam-packed with a variety of workshops, social activities, & projects that focus on empowerment through social justice. There are also “traditional” camp activities including arts & crafts, boating, & lawn games in conjunction with youth-driven programming.
YOUTH IN POWER offers various workshops and activities that will enhance each camper’s experience including:
- Expressive arts, theater, crafts, outdoor sketching, journal writing.
- Wellness activities such as yoga, meditation, dance, volleyball, basketball, and hiking
- Workshops such as LGBTQA history, healthy relationships, advocating for safer schools, using social media, knowing your rights, grassroots organizing, talking about gender identity and gender expression, pop culture, and more!
- Workshops will be led by youth, experienced Advisor Counselors (ACs), and outside guest speakers from the Capital Region community.
To register, you can:
- Complete registration ONLINE
- PRINT a registration packet as a WORD DOC or PDF
- PICK ONE UP at our the Pride Center (332 Hudson Avenue, Albany), OR during a Center Youth program
- HAVE ONE MAILED to you. If you’d like a registration packet mailed, please email us or call (518) 462-6138 x15.
To return your registration packet:
Make sure your packet is completely filled out (with all signatures, including your parent or guardian if under 18)! They can be sent via MAIL, FAX, EMAIL or DROPPED OFF!
Pride Center of the Capital Region
Attention: CAMP REGISTRATION
332 Hudson Avenue
Albany, NY 12210
Fax: (518) 462-2101
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS AUGUST 5th!
Check Out More Info About Camp!
Facebook Event for Camp
Who Makes YOUTH IN POWER Happen?
Produced by the Pride Center of the Capital Region and supported in part by generous donations from our community, the camp is led by experienced professionals who identify as LGBTQA or straight allies. The Pride Center has comprehensive youth programming that has been serving the Capital Region for over 30 years. With the addition of YOUTH IN POWER, we hope to provide youth with a venue for personal discovery, empowerment, support and fun among peers and the wider LGBTQA community.